Cupcake Essentials Class
Come and relax, have some fun and learn how to make and decorate your own cupcakes.
During this one day class you will discover the secrets of making edible sugar decorations, using sugar paste and florist paste to create pretty cupcakes that will taste delicious and be a real showstopper. You will leave with a dozen amazing cupcakes boxed and ready to eat.
You will learn how to
- Bake 12 delicious vanilla cupcakes
- Make rich, luxurious buttercream
- Pipe perfect swirls of buttercream
- Create beautiful decorations to top your cupcakes
- Use sugar paste, modelling paste and florist paste for different tasks
- Colour the pastes and how to use colours to create your desired effect
- Use a range of different cutters, moulds and sugarcraft tools
- Use different nozzles to create different effects
- Use a variety of finishing touches to complete your cupcakes eg. sparkles, edible metallic paint, lustre sprays, confectioner’s glaze
Classes are run in my studio, with a maximum of 4 students per class ensuring that you receive individual attention. During the class you will have time to practice the different techniques before deciding how you wish to decorate your cupcakes. Classes include all materials and tools needed – you just need to bring an apron and a notepad and pen if you wish to take notes.
Tea and coffee are available throughout the day. For full day classes, a lunch of delicious homemade soup with warm crusty bread is provided and afternoon tea and my own home-made cake is also included. At the end of the class you will be provided with a presentation box to safely transport your cupcakes home.
This is a chance to learn a new skill, have fun and take home some delicious treats!
New dates coming soon
All classes start at 10.00am and finish at 4.00pm
Payment in full is required at the time of booking and can be made either by BACS or cheque.