Come and relax, have some fun and learn how to decorate your own cupcakes.
During this one day class you will discover the secrets of making edible sugar decorations, using sugar paste and florist paste to create pretty cupcakes that will be real showstoppers. You will leave with a dozen amazing cupcakes boxed and ready to eat.
This is a decorating class and the cupcakes will be baked for you before the class.
You will learn how to
- Cover your cupcakes with perfect sugar paste domes
- Create beautiful decorations to top your cupcakes
- Use sugar paste, modelling paste and florist paste for different tasks
- Colour the pastes and how to use colours to create your desired effect
- Use a range of different cutters, moulds and sugarcraft tools
- Make rich, luxurious buttercream
- Hand pipe dots and lines with royal icing
- Make small sugar roses and leaves
- Emboss sugarpaste
- Make handmade sugar bows and ruffles
Classes are run in my studio, with a maximum of 4 students per class ensuring that you receive individual attention. During the class you will have time to practice the different techniques before deciding how you wish to decorate your cupcakes. Classes include all materials and tools needed – you just need to bring an apron and a notepad and pen if you wish to take notes.
Tea and coffee are available throughout the day. For full day classes, a lunch of delicious homemade soup with warm crusty bread is provided and afternoon tea and my own home-made cake is also included. At the end of the class you will be provided with a presentation box to safely transport your cupcakes home.
This is a chance to learn a new skill, have fun and take home some delicious treats!
Please read the class information provided and the Terms & Conditions carefully before purchasing a class. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch. I look forward to meeting you.
New dates coming soon
All classes start at 10.00am and finish at 4.00pm